Wednesday, December 28, 2011

My To-Dos in Two Zero One Two

I don't like the word resolution. I'm one of those that always breaks them by the second week of the year. I so admire those that follow through with their resolutions. Like my sweet friend over at Sum of All Things. I'm pretty sure it was her resolution one year (or was it Lent?) not to eat a single french fry. And she did it. She said no to french fries for a year. I would have caved at the first waffle fry put in front of me. Hence, I'll stay away from resolutions, and rather list a few things I'd like to accomplish in 2012.

  • Read as many books authored by the Lost Generation as possible

  • Run a half-marathon

  • Host a Saturday-morning brunch for my close friends using recipes found on Pinterest and my two new recipe books!

  • Cook more creatively

  • Take a class - not sure what type of class yet, but I want to go back to school for something.

  • Take at least 25 crafts on my Duh board (or any board, for that matter)

  • Do something dramatic with my hair

  • Let God into parts of my life I've tried to be in control of for far too long

  • Take more photos

  • Finish painting the interior of our home

  • Redecorate the master bedroom

  • Bake a pie from scratch

  • Learn to make my abuelita's gorditas

1 comment:

Summer said...

It's awful that I haven't kept up on your blog, but I'm flattered by the shout-out! ;) (And yes, it was a new years resolution, and it was tough but I'm considering doing it again this year!)... OF course, the exception was sweet potato fries, which I had a few times that year! ;) Love you, love the new blog name and... miss you! xo