Monday, January 16, 2012

Viajando

Los Cabos

Well, the first month of the new year is half-way over and I have to be honest, I haven't been even a little committed to my goals. This year has already been so busy at work and I've pushed most of my personal goals to the side so that I can focus on being organized, anxiety-free and at peace while at work. It hasn't come without a few moments of squeezing my eyes shut, taking a few deep breaths and even a few heart palpitations. But, through it all, once I let God have control, I've been given His peace.

On Friday my sister, Joa and I Facetimed with my mom and dad and my pops mentioned a family vacation in Los Cabos! Joa and I have been trying to figure out travel plans for the year and a beach vacay with the family helps settle things a bit. I really wanted to go Paris for a joint 30th birthday trip and Joa wanted us to go to NYC because I'm always pestering him about going to NYC. Plus, I wanted a beach destination on the side because, well, we haven't done that since our honeymoon. But those three PLUS a trip to Puerto Rico in there somewhere is just a bit more than our budget allows for.

So, when pops said Los Cabos - I was OK with dropping Paris and hanging on to NYC and PR. I told Joa we can take our kids to Paris one day (where both Joa and I signed our names on the Eiffel Tower and where I first told him I liked him our junior year of HS).
NYC!

Puerto Rico

All that to say, I'm ready to drop some elbees (one of my 2012 goals) and get beach ready. No diets for me this time around. Just a commitment to sensible eating (juicing a few times a week) and exercise. I really want to start doing yoga, as well as running. I have a gym membership, so the running is taken care of (plus the availability of the open road), but yoga gets pricey. So, I'm going to have to figure that one out. I'd say I could go to the classes at the gym, but those are always at stay-at-home mom times like 11:45 a.m. and 2:30 p.m. Yeah, um, hello? I work.

Here's to beaches and the city that never sleeps in 2012.

Paris, one day

No comments: