Saturday, July 14, 2012

15, 16 and 17

15 Weeks by Erica Martinez and Rene Medina

My dad helped me with the drawing for week 15 and then we never took a photo. He's so funny and actually, I give him props for his creativity - he chose the angled writing and drew the orange! Part of the reason I never got around to taking the photo for week 15 and not even drawing week 16 is that my parents were here for a blissful week. My mom didn't let me in the kitchen to cook or wash a dish and my dad, well my dad did what he does/loves best - work around our house. Joa and I have fully detailed cars thanks to my dad, the ugly vine in the backyard has been pulled up (much to the chagrin of my brother, who was told to do it) and the garage is cleaned out! It was just wonderful to have so much time with them. I had a full-on pregnancy breakdown when they left. I cried myself to sleep. True story. I was inconsolable. I blame the hormones.
Wearing my dress from Zulily.com!

Anyway, here we are at week 17 (and a half). Stats below!

How far along? 17 weeks 

Total weight gain/loss: +8lbs. 
Maternity clothes? All of my bottoms are maternity. I can no longer fit into any of my pants. I am still able to wear most of my shirts though. One other thing that grew, along with my belly are my boobs. I went to Intimacy while my mom was here for some much needed boulder holders. I went up a cup size and around, as well. Le sigh. I can't even imagine when the milk comes in how big those suckers will be.

Stretch marks? No! Fingers crossed!
Sleep: Meh. Some nights it's fine and others I wake up a lot. I am definitely switching positions a lot. I'll wake up on my tummy or my back and think, "THE BABY!" and move to one of my sides. I'm thinking I need a body pillow.

Best moment this week: Bubbles! I'm pretty sure I felt those first baby movements. Everyone told me it feels like bubbles and that's what I felt (no, not the gassy kind). I can't be sure, but I'm just going to go with it.
 
Movement: Please see above.
Food cravings: Not really...
Anything making you queasy or sick: Unfortunately, I'm still experiencing morning sickness.  It's the worst. Joa immitated my dry heaves yesterday :( It's pretty bad in the morning and then any time I enter a public restroom. It's hard to use the restroom at work because I'm trying to control my bladder while dry heaving. Did you like that mental image?

Have you started to show yet: Please see photo above.
Gender prediction: Well, this has changed and I just don't know now. I had a FULL on birth story dream the other night. I'm talking like I watched myself have contractions, go into labor, birth the baby (it was a quick 15 minutes - could I be so lucky?) and even name the baby with Joa by my side. It was a boy. That planted seeds of doubt in my girl hypothesis. We will see a week from Tuesday what it is!

Labor Signs: No
Belly Button in or out? In 
Wedding rings on or off? On (I hope it stays this way!) Though, I feel that my fingers are most swollen at night, so I've started taking my rings off when I sleep, something I NEVER did before. Part of the reason I don't take my rings of ever is that I forget to put them back on. I didn't have rings on for two days this week just because I forget in the morning.

Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy, but definitely emotional.
Looking forward to: Getting some more maternity clothes, reading Joa's research on strollers, car seats and cribs. :)

Extras: Last week I started to read to the baby. One night Joa read "The Three Little Pigs" to my belly and used different voices for each of the characters. It was the sweetest thing. I've also started to play my classical Pandora station for the baby before I fall asleep!

2 comments:

kristen said...

You are too cute!!

Summer said...

Just revisited your blog and LOVE the updates. You're so stinkin' adorable. Let me know if I can do anything to help from here... ;) XO!!