Sunday, June 24, 2012

14 Weeks

Love my stretchy band pants!

How far along? 14.5 weeks 
Total weight gain/loss: +6lbs. 
Maternity clothes? I've entered the wonderful world of stretch bands on maternity pants. Two pairs of work pants and some stretchy skinny jeans. They've revolutionized my life. I was holding my pants up with safety pin and hair tie and that just wasn't working so well. It's a little contraption that for some reason reminds me of my abuelita.
Stretch marks? No! Bought Kiehl's Creme de Corps to rub on my belly and boobs. I don't have stretch marks in general, so I'm hoping to keep it that way!
Sleep: I've slept HORRIBLY this past week. My back is killing me and I keep freaking out when I wake up and I'm on my back. Hoping to train my body soon enough that my side is OK to sleep on.
Best moment this week: Hearing the baby's heartbeat on Friday! I just love that sound.
Miss Anything? Fitting into my clothes comfortably. 
Movement: I've started to make up movement in my mind I think! But no real movement.
Food cravings: I did buy a jar of pickles today though. And some sherbet ice cream. My mama craved that very thing when she was pregnant with me!
Anything making you queasy or sick: Some smells - no food items. 
Have you started to show yet: YES. My belly sticks out. I'm still not used to it. I've been self conscious my whole life about my weight and so admittedly, the weight gain freaks me out. I'm trying not to think too much about it, though.
Gender prediction: Girl (though I've had dreams of both boy and girl). My mama sent me a sweet text today saying that she, my brother and my dad voted on what they thought the baby was. Two votes for boy, one for girl!
Labor Signs: No 
Belly Button in or out? In 
Wedding rings on or off? On (I hope it stays this way!)
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy, with a few emotional outbursts (I get teary at the most random things!). 
Looking forward to: My family is visiting this week! They will get to see the belly for the first time. Also, looking forward to starting to really put together my nursery ideas.

No comments: