Wednesday, November 18, 2009

la gripa, hand turkeys and oreos

La Gripa is the spanish phrase for a cold and the gripa had a tight grip on me in the last couple of days. But I'm feeling much better now!

I hope everyone is having a good week and your Thanksgiving plans are coming together. I went to the grocery store today and stocked up on Libby's Pure Pumpkin, pecans for pecan pie, pie shells, a turkey and a spiral ham. My family (mom, dad and little brother) arrive on Tuesday and I can barely contain my excitement! I get to use my wedding china for the first time! And I get to use a lot of the wedding gifts that don't usually emerge from the pantry unless we are having a large feast!

Remember the days of hand turkeys, dressing up as Pilgrims and Indians and school feasts?

One other childhood memory I have of Thanksgiving is making these cute little Oreo turkeys. So cute!
I'm so excited for the holiday season!

Photos here and here

No comments: