Friday, January 15, 2010

trip down memory lane

I read my past blog posts today and it was the weirdest thing. I felt all the feelings I felt at the time I was writing each post. Most of the posts were during the time I was unemployed, so it was this dichotomy of emotions - what I felt when I was endlessly and sometimes desperately job searching and the bliss I feel now that I have the most amazing job doing exactly what I want to be doing. I'm amazed still that this blessing came at a time when I was very close to losing it as well as at the end of my unemployment funds (I refused to ask for an extension).

What a journey it has been! I think this blog will evolve from here on out. I'd like it to be more of a journal than a list of things I want. What better way to chronicle the ups and downs and side to sides of my life than online - where it will never be lost? OK, that's a bit daunting.

I'm off to enjoy the weekend - it's been a long week and I can't wait to spend some "reconnection" time with J.

Have a great weekend!

My blessings of today:
  • An amazing job
  • A car that runs
  • A computer to blog on
PS The photo has no correlation to the post, it's just so stinkin' cute!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

What great things to be thankful for! I agree, often times I'll return to my writings during hard times and it makes me appreciate that much more the blessings of change! Enjoy your weekend :) and yes that picture is so cute!