Friday, November 4, 2011

Three and Four

Yikes! I knew that there would be a day that I'd double up on posts, but I didn't expect it to be so early. Just means more of my ramblings for you to read!

3. I am so very very blessed and thankful for my good health. I can walk, run, see, hear, move all of my joints without pain (well save for a few "you are almost 30" sore spots) and that is something to be oh-so thankful for. As I near the big three-oh, I have definitely noticed changes in my body. A little more squishy, less muscle mass, dimples in places I don't want them, etc. I realize that eating healthy (which I most definitely don't always do) isn't enough to be healthy. I really need to get into an exercise regimen! If I can prevent some of this sagging, it is definitely warranted! But, overall, I am healthy and I don't want to take that for granted!

Coffee from Escribรก in Barcelona - also pretty darn good.

4. Weir's Coffee. I'm not a big coffee drinker. I had an unfortunate accident when I was younger which involved wanting to feel like a grown up, drinking a few cups of coffee and consequently spending the night in the restroom, and that forever altered my view of java. Plus, it makes me pretty shaky and I just don't like that feeling. When I go to Starbucks I order a chai tea latte and that is just enough caffeine for me. However, about a year ago, Joa and I were furniture shopping at Weir's, a wonderful family-owned furniture store here in Dallas, and we stumbled upon their quaint country store, right in the middle of all that furniture. The aroma of flavored coffee, the sight of home-made fudge and a cornucopia of serving platters was a welcome treat from looking at dining room tables that all pretty much looked the same to me. I wandered over to their selection of coffee and zeroed in on a Snickerdoodle roast. Before I knew what I was doing, I ordered 16 oz. and my life was forever changed. I look forward to my Weir's coffee every morning, especially as the temperatures begin to cool - that hot cup of coffee is just what I need to warm my body in the morning. An added bonus is that Joa does not like flavored coffee so I get the whole 16 oz to myself! So Weirs, thank you for my dining room table, but more importantly, I'm thankful that I get to start my mornings with a drink that has doodle in its name.

No comments: