Saturday, January 28, 2012

powder

I'm looking for a new powder. I've been loyal to Lancome since college, but I just don't feel like it provides my (aging) face with the coverage it did before. I've asked around some and have some recommendations.

First is Laura Mercier.I love their eye illuminator and tinted moisturizer. I don't buy them regularly because that's a lot of money to spend on make-up, but I've splurged before.

I've also heard good things about Bobbi Brown.


I've never tried any of these products, but they are highly lauded on blogs and fashion magazines. I'm also interested in trying the creamy concealer kit. Lancome made a Photogenic Concealer that I was in absolute love with and then two years ago they discontinued it. I was devastated. Remember that episode of Saved By the Bell where Lisa and Screech were going to be in a dance contest together and then when she heard that they discontinued her favorite color of nail polish, she kicked the TV and broke her foot? That's what I felt like doing, except I was in Dillard's and kicking something would probably not have been well received.

The other make up I've heard is good is Yves Saint Laurent. I'm not too keen on spending nearly $50 on powder, though. I'll probably try one of the other two OR end up going with Lancome because I'm typically a creature of habit. We shall see!

Images from Sephora

No comments: