Sunday, August 5, 2012

20 Weeks



I feel like we are really getting into the throes of all things baby. We are starting to clean out the room that will be the nursery (this weekend we moved all the books in a bookcase from in there to our built-ins so we can move the bookcase out of there), we are getting through our house to-do list and we registered (well, mostly)! Our sweet friend Karin offered to go with us to register, and as the mama of two boys, it was so helpful to have her there to help steer us in the right direction. Registering was actually really productive and there were minimal arguments between me and Joa (much better than registering for our wedding). I can't thank Karin enough for being there with us!

I can't believe I'm half-way through the pregnancy with our sweet little girl. It's nice to finally be able to say, "she." And we even have a name for her, as you'll see in the photo above! Sofia Isabel. We both love Sofia and Joa actually chose the middle name. At first I told Joa that we should just test it out and not tell anyone, but it just came so naturally and we both felt it was "the one."

How far along? 20 weeks 
Total weight gain/loss: +12lbs. 
Maternity clothes? Loving dresses still. Jeans are my go-to non-work pant, but I'm not in love with the two I have been using. I bought another maxi dress today and am wanting more since they are so comfortable.

Stretch marks? No! Fingers crossed!
Sleep: Waking up less - some nights I don't even have to wake up to go to the restroom, which is nice!

Best moment this week: BABY MOVEMENT! Full on kicks and punches from Sofia. I first felt them last Sunday when I was playing my Pandora "violin concerto" station for her. I was kind of in awe at first and thought, what is that? And then I realized it  was her reacting to the music and I couldn't stop smiling. Just for good measure, I tried out Kanye and got the same reaction - she'll have a diverse taste in music like here mom and dad. After that, I felt her more and more and I'm loving it. Joa can't quite feel her yet, but every time I feel her moving I grab his hand to put on my tummy just in case.
 
Movement: See above!
Food cravings: Still loving fruit, but no major cravings.
Anything making you queasy or sick: The nausea has subsided, thank goodness, though I still feel it some mornings. And public restrooms are still rough for me.

Have you started to show yet: Yes - there's no going back now.
Gender prediction: We're having a little lady!

Labor Signs: No
Belly Button in or out? In 
Wedding rings on or off? On (I hope it stays this way!)

Happy or Moody most of the time: Emotional - very emotional! And I get cranky easier. Poor Joa bears the brunt of m crankiness.
Looking forward to: Purchasing the crib and really narrowing down our nursery decor.

No comments: