Sunday, September 16, 2012

+6



Yikes - how did six weeks go by without me posting? Things have been so busy, to say the least. There's been a lot going on and Joa and I have been on the go, go, go, including driving to Las Cruces for an AMAZING shower thrown by my family, a trip to Austin and a trip to Atlanta, plus you know, regular life stuff in between. 

My pregnancy has really been amazing these past few weeks. Morning sickness has been limited, Sofia is moving so much and I just love feeling her and I feel like Joa and I are in a really good place. We took a nursery decor hiatus, but it's time to pick that back up, with just 14 weeks (more or less) left before we bring Sofia home.

So, here are stats!

How far along? 26 weeks 
Total weight gain/loss: +19 lbs. (yikes!)
Maternity clothes? Pretty much everything. I'm still wearing lots of my regular flowy tops, but for the most part I'm rotating the few maternity dresses, pants and jeans that I have. I did purchase two dresses from ASOS, one for a wedding we are going to this weekend and one for my upcoming shower and while the one for the wedding worked, the other one was hideous. So, I'm still on the hunt for a shower dress.

Stretch marks? No - so blessed so far to not have any. However, my belly button is looking like it is getting ready to pop, which Joa is not looking forward to. In fact, in true Joa form, he asked, half-joking, to put a band-aid over it when it does. Psssssh.
Sleep: Uncomfortable. I feel a lot of pressure in my lower belly, especially at night, so switching positions throughout the night (meaning from laying on my right shoulder to laying on my left shoulder and back again and again), sometimes causes some minor pain. Guess I should get used to this, huh?

Best moment this week: Well, my co-workers in Atlanta threw my a sweet shower and Sofia received tons of books and some clothes. I just really feel so overwhelmed by all of the love that we've been shown - it's really amazing and Joa and I are so grateful. Also, all of the kicks and movement are always the "best" moment of my day and week.
 
Movement: See above!
Food cravings: No cravings, really.
Anything making you queasy or sick: Public restrooms - gag inducing every. single. time.

Have you started to show yet: Yes - there's no going back now.
Gender prediction: We're having a little lady!

Labor Signs: No
Belly Button in or out? In (but I'm guessing not for long).
Wedding rings on or off? On, but I read that swelling usually starts around week 27, which is where I'll be on Wednesday!

Happy or Moody most of the time: Emotional - very emotional! There's been lots of crying in the Martinez household, in my car, in my office, etc. Poor Joa - he consoles me, but most of the time, I just need to let it pass.

No comments: