Friday, November 2, 2012

33 Weeks

The other night I worked late and when I got up to go I stopped to look out my window before I left. I was admiring Dallas after dark, the car lights zooming home and the beautiful Klyde Warren Park. Suddenly, my eyes shifted focus and I saw my reflection in the window. Quite honestly, even though my bump is big, I sometimes forget it is there until I see myself or my arm grazes my belly. You read about the women who rave about their pregnancies and who feel amazing the whole 40 weeks, and as I looked at myself, I could say with certainty I am not one of those women! However, that's not to say that I haven't enjoyed being pregnant. Feeling this little human inside of me move and kick and get "comfortable" is my favorite part of this journey. I revel at the fact that there is a baby inside me! A wonderfully and fearfully created child that God has blessed me with. I get emotional when I think of finally meeting her. Because I'm a worrier, I wonder if I am equipped to be Sofía's mama. I even am already sad about dropping her off at college (I know, I know!). I try to refocus my thoughts on this sweet blessing when I start worrying like that. A. When I worry my forehead crinkles, which is a one-way ticket to early Botox. B. God has planned this in my life! He will be with me every step of the way, even if I forget it sometimes.

I'm feeling really good for the most part and am looking forward to holding Sofía in my arms in time for Christmas - what a gift that will be!

No comments: